Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Official Expectations for the Reawakening Update
I would like to provide more information regarding the update now that we're in mid-November.

No, we're not moving up versions to v177. It will still be v176 for the forseeable future.

I'm sure all of you are wondering what the exact date of the update is. It is currently undecided as I will need to put it in a time window where I will be available for at least a few days, the first few days(or weeks) are going to be hectic and will likely require a lot of bug fixes. I am currently considering 28th November or 3rd December for the update. It will likely be one of these dates unless some unexpected bug/technical issue crops up. I originally planned for this to be done earlier but real life commitments really pile up.

I would like to manage the expectations for this update. No, there will not be any new content past the quests we already have yet, our focus is on getting all basic functionalities working on v176 before I even think about more content. There will likely be a lot of bugs in the beginning stages, I am not RMZ/Extalia and I can't work magic. Staff testing is really limited so things will have to be tested on the live server (nothing exploitable at least), probably some multiplayer functionalities having weird glitches and obscure error 38s. This will largely be the same game just with new jobs and a more updated client but with more bugs for the first month or so.

As for the current state of things, skills are working as well as they are on v145 (a few even better) along with new jobs. No, BT/Zero/Pink Bean will not be added this update. The rest of the new jobs are working almost completely barring a few unimportant skills here and there as you can see from the released teasers.

Skill changes will be largely unchanged and we will monitor things on the new versions before making further changes and any changes on the new classes. I have not thought about the specifics so stop asking me before I cut discord off my phone.

V Skills : They will be reworked from the current ones and every class (Except a few) will get a V skills and the requirements will be changed. No, I cannot import most 5th job skills out there so alot of them are just custom makeshift skills to enhance gameplay/damage.

Now comes the most important part regarding how certain new mechanics will work:
1) Spell Traces will be implemented and the scroll stats will be as per it is in gMS
2) Star force enhancements will not be implemented. You will have to drag and drop enhancement scrolls like you do currently along with protection scrolls. The new star force system with absurd amount of stars is a huge power creep we do not want at the moment, this will result in people hitting the damage cap (2.1b) faster in the long run, which leads me to the most controversial change :
3) Monster health will be reduced to 0.4x of the current value(Including bosses). Potential %stats will be halved(stat%,AS%,BD%,IED% etc.) and all damage will be halved (Like on Ellinia for those of you familiar with it). This is to mitigate power creep issues that will cause people to hit their damage progression cap too soon in the long run (by hitting the damage cap and being unable to go further).

Miscellaneous Changes :
1) Mushroom Shrine questline has been removed. You now go directly to Showa from Eos Tower. This is due to the new mushroom shrine replacing the old one. The new questline will be implemented in the future.
2) A few custom portals have been replaced by a portal npc to simplify the backend changes i have to do.
3) Elite mobs/bosses have been added. However, they currently do not give any rewards other than more exp/nx. I will be open to suggestions after the dust has settled from the update. 
4) Runes have been implemented
5) We have updated the hair/face pool with latest kms/jms/gms hairs. Including the re;zero hairs in an attempt to court weaboos. (Yes this includes Rem, so go wild).
6) Abyss Buster will be updated with these latest NX equips too.
7) More chairs, obviously.
8) Also the issue with inconsistent combo skills seems to be gone when we were testing on v176 but I could be wrong(?).
9) Heil god-emperor Trump.
10) Shade is referred to as Eunwol, Blaze Wizard as Flame Wizard and Bucc as Viper. Deal with it

Here's a reminder about the upcoming server migration this week, please read the announcement thread if you haven't already.

And please, please, please for the love of Trump God, do not cause any drama with the influx of new players that will try out this server after the update.

Also please keep serious political discussion other than dank memes off our smegas/forums/discord. I don't trust you guys to keep it civil after drama over nothing for the past 11 months.

Please post any further questions(Unrelated to skill balance) you have below.
Hype hype hype hype! Thanks for the hard work!

1. Regardless of EES, will the stat increase per star be random like pre-starforce, or will they be set to be what starforce is supposed to give?

2. Will lv100 equips be capped at 8 stars? The starforce cap and spell trace enhancements make it very important that you keep in mind the level requirement of items you get in progression for future quests, and recalculate the expected perfect stats of them. (If you decide to have Necro/VL/Empress sets)

X. Request for custom Donald NPC.
Can confirm new classes work. They're fun.
Admin & Web Developer of IntrinsicMS
PM me if you have any admin/website related questions.
I am not sure how IED is calculated post v176. But halving IED as per how IED works now would be nerfing the damage more than half. In addition to halving stats and the overall damage, does that mean that the monsters will be 3-4 times harder to be killed despite their HP being 0.4X. I am expressing thia concern. I don't know if this is intended or can someone explain regarding the calculation that it is not 3-4 times harder to kill a mob. Thanks
(11-13-2016, 01:08 PM)CareForDs Wrote: I am not sure how IED is calculated post v176. But halving IED as per how IED works now would be nerfing the damage more than half. In addition to halving stats and the overall damage, does that mean that the monsters will be 3-4 times harder to be killed despite their HP being 0.4X. I am expressing thia concern. I don't know if this is intended or can someone explain regarding the calculation that it is not 3-4 times harder to kill a mob. Thanks

IED is calculated multiplicatively per line. If you have IED lines: 40, 30, 20, 10, your effective IED will be 1-(1-.4)*(1-.3)*(1-.2)*(1-.1) = 69.76%. After halving each line: 20, 15, 10, 5, your effective IED is then 1-(1-.2)*(1-.15)*(1-.1)*(1-.05) = 41.86%. 
What I'm more concerned with is that jobs with innate high %IED in their skills will be stronger than usual. I'm in favor of not touching IED, as they don't interact with each other additively like the other potentials do.
(11-13-2016, 10:44 AM)Neptune Wrote: I am not RMZ/Extalia and I can't work magic.

In high versions of maple nexon took away our ability to edit the registry to get custom resolutions.
Of the features we have now that our going away, this is the one I'd most want to see hacked in.
(11-13-2016, 01:48 PM)Tealeaves Wrote:
(11-13-2016, 01:08 PM)CareForDs Wrote: I am not sure how IED is calculated post v176. But halving IED as per how IED works now would be nerfing the damage more than half. In addition to halving stats and the overall damage, does that mean that the monsters will be 3-4 times harder to be killed despite their HP being 0.4X. I am expressing thia concern. I don't know if this is intended or can someone explain regarding the calculation that it is not 3-4 times harder to kill a mob. Thanks

IED is calculated multiplicatively per line. If you have IED lines: 40, 30, 20, 10, your effective IED will be 1-(1-.4)*(1-.3)*(1-.2)*(1-.1) = 69.76%. After halving each line: 20, 15, 10, 5, your effective IED is then 1-(1-.2)*(1-.15)*(1-.1)*(1-.05) = 41.86%. 
What I'm more concerned with is that jobs with innate high %IED in their skills will be stronger than usual. I'm in favor of not touching IED, as they don't interact with each other additively like the other potentials do.

Yea, I am up for not touching IED also. 
On the other hand, halving damage and halving potential stats...meaning our DMG now will be 1/4?

So it is at least twice as hard to kill the mobs ? Not sure why is this necessary.
If monster defences were halved, that would be ok to half IED. But if it isn't then that just seems a bit silly as just halving IED and not reducing defences is not making it harder to reach the cap to allowing for more progression and potential. It's just lowering everyone's damage
Does the skill transparency feature work?

Were new weapon skins added? 

Is there the new UI from KMS? 

How will players leveling their characters expect to level now from 195-205? Mushroom Shrine brings players up to around level 199 from 195, but now that it is being removed, there will be a level gap larger than before. Currently, the level gap is 6 levels, but without Mushroom Shrine there will be a 10 level gap between the next questing area, Night Market. Will players have to grind for 10 levels at 195? 

How will the potential % stats being halved affect a class like Xenon, whose hitting moderate damage relies on getting at least 2 lines of %allstat on all equipment in order to do the same damage as other classes? Won't it be hitting even lower numbers compared to other classes with the universal damage halving? 

Are these items are included in the new items at Abyss Buster?
http://www.maplesimulator.com/bannedstor...tem/167250
http://www.maplesimulator.com/bannedstor...tem/167106
3) Monster health will be reduced to 0.4x of the current value(Including bosses). Potential %stats will be halved(stat%,AS%,BD%,IED% etc.) and all damage will be halved (Like on Ellinia for those of you familiar with it). This is to mitigate power creep issues that will cause people to hit their damage progression cap too soon in the long run (by hitting the damage cap and being unable to go further).

Having damage halved + stats%s halved is pretty big tbh.

Ellinia had halved the damage but it was also to implement the Pierce system which gave 1.5x dmg to level 200+ mobs (you had to do quests, achievements, Stars enhancement etc... in order to gain pierce). But not only that, some classes (a lot of them had buckshot as a buff (making them hit cap 3 times less faster); some other had multiplied damage, things were really balanced around the fact that X class is utility, that other one is dps, that other one is tank/dps or tank/utility etc.

The best way to make some class hit cap less faster & still be balanced is to give them buckshot & lower their "buffs" if need be.

Tbh this might kill every bossing class in the server if cap becomes hard on every class.

I'd suggest you wait before doing such a big change, no one is gonna be capping anytime soon. There is still a lot to do & get before reaching cap at the moment.

I just hope next contents will be more "raid" based. With bosses needing quite an organized group to be taken down.

@Neptune