Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An actual Bucc suggestion
Right now, Buccs have a 60s cd on a full map attack, while its main attacking skill is a horizontal skill. In huge multi platformed maps, this makes mobbing on buccs ridiculous. I'd suggest reducing Nautilus Strike's cd to around 20 or so seconds? 

This doesn't just apply for Buccs tbh. There are also many classes with horizontal attacks only and have long cooldowns on their larger hitbox attacks (WA, IL, WH, Xenons etc)  and this makes them pale in comparison to other classes which have full map attacks/attacks with large hitboxes, on a lower/no cooldown.
These buffs are fair but I think it's fine for certain classes to be better at mobbing than other classes, the main problem of gauging a class's mobbing potential is the existence of spammable FMAs in Demon Cry and Nimbus Curse as everything will pale in comparison.

Examples of well designed FMAs include the Explorer Mage's Blizzard/Meteor Shower/Genesis, BaM's Dark Genesis and Sweeping Staff, Hayato's Falcon Honor etc as they allow for more interactive game play without being abusable wherea DS and Kanna's FMA is imbalanced and unhealthy from a game design perspective. These skills should not exist in their current iteration and there is a reason why these skills are gated by longer CDs/increased cost per consecutive use in GMS.

You either let every class have access to spammable FMAs which I believe is a mistake or let no class have access to spammable FMAs. 'But Demon Cry has a fury cost' or 'You need a CD hat for Nimbus Curse' does not justify their power level and the removable of spammable FMAs will allow us to properly compare mobbing capabilities to see which classes truly struggle. We can then adjust other aspects of DS and Kanna to bring them to more appropriate power levels
For Demon Slayer, I can understand the spammable demon cry is a lot; though for kanna, that's pretty much the only reason you would play it. That's just the design of the class. You remove that, you remove the need/want to play kanna :|. Having a faster spawn rate isn't enough to struggle through 300+ levels of piss poor, non-fma mobbing.
That should not be the design of the class, Kanna doesn't have spammable Nimbus Curse in GMS and they're fine. There are plenty of other skills you could buff to compensate
(06-16-2017, 04:34 PM)Alter Wrote: That should not be the design of the class, Kanna doesn't have spammable Nimbus Curse in GMS and they're fine. There are plenty of other skills you could buff to compensate

That's because Kishin actually hits mobs. And mobs in GMS aren't as difficult as on this server, which is why nimbus (or any actual good mobbing skill) has to be spammable.
Demon's Fury would be a great mobbing skill if the mp cost was removed, no class should rely on a spammable FMA to be viable
(06-16-2017, 06:30 PM)Alter Wrote: Demon's Fury would be a great mobbing skill if the mp cost was removed, no class should rely on a spammable FMA to be viable
It isnt a FMA? It hits 2 platforms MAX if you stand in between

Why is kanna and ds even brought up in the first place? No one was ever asking for a spammable FMA. I was asking for a shorter cooldown to compensate for the shitty mobbing some classes have.
I agreed with the buffs, was simply stating technically any mobbing skill is 'shitty' relative to arguably the two strongest mobbing skills in the game. Ignoring the outliers, varying mobbing efficiency is to be expected as that is what makes each class unique
Nautilus' Strike's CD will be lowered for buccs