Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Outdated] Level 1-200 Leveling Guide
Is this a leveling guide? Yes. And because this server is uniquely revolved around quests and party play, there may be confusion as to where to start and what to do at certain levels. Quests are highly important in this server, mostly because they give experience, custom items, and mastery books that you cannot find anywhere else. Quests also give warp data. Having warp data for a certain town allows you to teleport to that town instantly by using @go. Every town has warp data and thus every town has a questline, rewards, and items for you to get.

So, based off of my experience and the experience of others, I've compiled a simple guide on where to train and at what levels. It will also go semi-into depth about what else the server offers (though we won't tell you about the secrets!). If you want to know more about the server itself, refer to Shin's New Member guide by clicking here.

Important things before we start/questions that people have asked in the past:
  • Q: How do I start a custom questline?
    • A: You can start a custom questline by entering a town and typing @hint to determine the NPC to start the questline with.
  • Q: How do I check my current quest?
    • A: Use @questinfo, which gives you information on your current quest.
  • Q: How do I forfeit a quest?
    • A: @forfeitquest
  • Q: I'm talking to this custom NPC but nothing is happening and I cannot get the quest. Help?!
    • A: @forfeitquest. You probably have a custom quest from a previous NPC but did not complete it. Remember, you can only have one custom quest open at a time.

STARTING OFF

Level 1 - You can do @go to go straight to the Six-Path Crossway and automatically become Level 10.

Level 10 to 30 - Start off by doing part of the Lith Harbor questline, which consists of fighting enemies in various custom-made party quest maps until you fight Mano, king of the snails. This is done by talking to Olaf, right outside of the Lith Harbor portal. There is good EXP in this questline and you can get the Lith Harbor warp data. An alternative is fighting monsters in Kerning City, accessible by bribing the Chun Ji with 100,000 mesos.

Reasons for this: Ellinia used to be here, but was highly buffed recently, thus removing it from early game exploration. The Lith Harbor quest makes you fight Mano and is good training at that level. There aren't many alternatives, unless you want to train in Perion fighting monsters.

THE SECOND JOB STRETCH

Level 30 to 45ish - Continue some of the Ellinia questline. You can continue with Mano, but realistically you'd want to warp to Lith Harbor and start the actual Lith Harbor questline starting with Olaf, which gives you access to Florina Beach.

Level 45 to 60 - Henesys questline. Alternatively, you can do the Perion questline or continue on the Florina Beach questline. Once you complete Henesys, I recommend starting Nautilus (which you get access to by moving left from Florina Beach). Another alternative is training on Wild Boars in Perion.

Reasons for this: Because it is the fastest way to 60. Ellinia, once again, has been buffed, so you do not want to deal with Ellinia until ~level 65 or so.

GETTING TO YOUR LAST JOB ADVANCEMENT

Level 60 to 80 - Finish up Nautilus, as the questline is long, gives good experience, and is relatively easy with minimal effort needed (except for moving from map to map and talking to NPCs). In addition, completing Nautilus grants access to Omega Sector which is useful in your 160s and 170s. After that, start and finish Ellinia. This questline is important in getting access to Orbis.

Level 80 to 90 - Remember how I said finish Ellinia and you get access to Orbis? Use that Orbis ticket and go to the Victoria Tree Platform (just go up the rope in Six Path Crossway) and take the boat to Orbis. The questline there is nice in terms of exp and you get a nice item from it.

Level 90 to 100 - The El Nath questline here. Continue with Orbis, while fighting those annoying Lucidas/Star Pixies or whatever. Or you can kill some sentinels in Orbis Tower, if you're strong enough and have a decent stellar equip/equips.

Reasons for this: You need and I mean NEED Orbis to move to other places that will be useful later on. Once again, Ellinia has been buffed. So you'll need to do that post level 65 to around 75 or 80 and with the Orbis ticket (do NOT lose this!), you can go to Orbis. If you are funded, then by all means you can start El Nath early.

NOW THAT YOU'RE 100

Level 100 to 120 - El Nath questline and the Aquarium questline, which are accessible by going down Orbis Tower. Alternatively, you can try the Kerning Square questline (Kerning square is unlocked by getting to Kerning City, talking to the Dark Lord, and paying 100,000 mesos).

Level 120 to 140 - Continue the Aquarium questline and Kerning Square questline (if you haven't finished them). You can start Shanghai (accessible through the Golems map in Henesys only if you completed Henesys and obtained its warp data) and Coke Town (you'll have to find Coke Town though Smile ). Riena Straits is another good place due to its large questline and generous exp (you can get there through Rien).

Level 140 to 160 - I suggest going to the Mushroom Kingdom (accessible through your Available Quests, there should be one from the Mushroom Kingdom, Boat Quay Town (a must, accessible by moving >>> from Aquarium), Ximending (accessible by completing Kerning Square and obtaining the warp data), and Ariant. You can also train on Slimys in Boat Quay Town, which is very good experience and a decent meso/NX farming area at this level.

Level 160 to 180 - Finish up those places I mentioned earlier, now with the addition of Omega Sector, Herb Town (access this by talking to the dolphin in Aquarium), CBD (right next to Boat Quay Town), and Mu Lung (finish up Herb Town to get Mu Lung).

Level 180 to 200 - Finish up Mu Lung and Herb Town. New additions: Ludibrium (Grants Timeless items and is accessed through the Crane in Mu Lung) and Ellin Forest.

Level 200+ - Mushroom Shrine is good, albeit annoying. Showa Town, Ninja Castle, and Yuyuan Village are the current 200+ questline areas. Constant Papalutus runs are a must (since the experience given is nice and Timeless equips!). Chaos Zakum is open, so you can try that.

Reasons for this: Best places for sure
Level 200+

Cry because you're going to have to farm NX for all of your eqps.
[Image: l1IWrbF.png]
Great guide. Informative and easy to read.
I've been following this guide so far, it's really good. However, the only part I've gotten stuck at is level 60-80, the Nautilus line only got me to level 76.
Ellinia has been revamped and it's level changed. You might want to change that part of the guide. I recommend starting with lith first
up  le dated
this is an amazing guide, but doesn't help as much with locations of quests and how to complete. new players (me) had to take a lot of time to even find utah in the henesys questline. I had to explore every henesys map starting with farm, it doesnt give location in @questinfo or @hint.
[Image: uxq2LZC.png]
(01-24-2016, 12:26 AM)Evan Wrote: this is an amazing guide, but doesn't help as much with locations of quests and how to complete. new players (me) had to take a lot of time to even find utah in the henesys questline. I had to explore every henesys map starting with farm, it doesnt give location in @questinfo or @hint.

Had you read the quest text when you took it? Pretty sure it had mentioned the blue mushroom map. Even if it didn't, maybe the point was to make you explore, a thing most people don't even need to do in maple anymore.
(01-24-2016, 12:41 AM)Rednor Wrote:
(01-24-2016, 12:26 AM)Evan Wrote: this is an amazing guide, but doesn't help as much with locations of quests and how to complete. new players (me) had to take a lot of time to even find utah in the henesys questline.  I had to explore every henesys map starting with farm, it doesnt give location in @questinfo or @hint.

Had you read the quest text when you took it? Pretty sure it had mentioned the blue mushroom map. Even if it didn't, maybe the point was to make you explore, a thing most people don't even need to do in maple anymore.

thats the issue, it didnt. i came to play a quest grinding game, not exploring game.
[Image: uxq2LZC.png]
(01-24-2016, 12:49 AM)Evan Wrote:
(01-24-2016, 12:41 AM)Rednor Wrote:
(01-24-2016, 12:26 AM)Evan Wrote: this is an amazing guide, but doesn't help as much with locations of quests and how to complete. new players (me) had to take a lot of time to even find utah in the henesys questline.  I had to explore every henesys map starting with farm, it doesnt give location in @questinfo or @hint.

thats the issue, it didnt. i came to play a quest grinding game, not exploring game.

that's the whole point of quests.